Friday 1 January 2016

Hello Bolero - Challenge Complete!

It's done! By the skin of my teeth with about 5 hours to spare, I completed my bolero and my challenge! I took pictures as I neared the finish line. My little lady had a birthday party on the 30th so hence two missing days!


Sunday 27th December 11:06 am - still in pieces

Monday 28th December 4:25 pm - edging begins

31st December 2:35pm - over 1cm of edging to go

31st December 6:34pm DONE!!

I won't be making another of these boleros. As I have previously mentioned, I was not a fan of this pattern at all.

Terribly confusing and I feel poorly set out. I had to make too many assumptions and I'm not entirely sure why. Making up, it said, sew the pieces together. Call me needy, but I do like a little more direction than that.

I won't deny it looks lovely and it's very light, made from Bendigo Woollen Mills Glacier 100% cotton and is the perfect Spring / Summer Bolero.

Stay tuned for a complete challenge wrap up tomorrow. In the meantime, Happy New Year and thank you for your support throughout the year. 


Did you achieve your goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment